Tuesday, 19 February 2008

St. Michael's Anglican Church,Aberystwyth,Wales

The church I attended while I was a Theology Student at Aberystwyth, Wales, UK: 1994-97








1 comment:

James said...

Hello John 14,

I looked for a Contact Me link on your blog but found none, so I am resorting to the "Post a Comment" option and hope that you will see it and be able to respond.

I found this particular page while looking for references to St Michael's Aberystwyth, where I happened to do postgrad studies from 1988 to 1990. I was actually looking for a reminder of the name of the bloke who was in charge at St Michale's Church at the time and still is - namely Stuart Bell. While I developed the view that he is pretty full of himself, I must say that I was impressed with his theology and sound teaching. (He probably should have been a Catholic.)

My question is this: What is the song that you have playing on this page, please? I cannot find a reference to it, but it rocks. Lyrics kick off with: "I know a place that we can go to; a place that no-one knows you..."

It's nice to see a pic of the old St Mike's. While I am less and less impressed with the Anglican Church, as a whole, as time goes by, I am grateful that I grew some at St Mike's and found the teaching and fellowship to be solid and worthy.

Rds,

-Jc.